[arch-haskell] Re: arch-haskell @ aur.archlinux.org

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:36:49 UTC 2013

On 2010/10/12 Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
>  > Currently my thinking is that I'll share passwords with people who
>  > get added to the github organisation... but that just shifts the
>  > problem one step, as I still haven't decided what criteria to use for
>  > adding people there. :-) All suggestions are welcome!
>
> In the current stage of the project, I believe that everyone who is
> interested in maintaining Haskell packages on AUR should have the
> ability to do that. We can be more selective once we're overrun with
> volunteers.

I still think haskell packages on AUR should be removed very soon,
there is no point in flooding AUR wth auto-generated packages.
Moreover, if anyone finds problems in PKGBUILDs which are not mere
updates, he/she should probably consider it as a bug in cabal2arch or
an upstream bug and should report it as such.