[arch-haskell] arch-haskell repo and ABS tree

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Oct 12 07:36:38 UTC 2013

Hi Don,

 > I'm one week backed up on AUR updates.

according to <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/numeric-prelude>, the
last update of that package happened on Sep 22. Yet, AUR doesn't have
that update even though the package has been being marked out-of-date,
etc. So clearly your statement that you lag one week behind cannot be
true, can it?

 > Hackage is averaging 15 packages a day uploaded now, but spikes up to
 > 30 packages a day. That's getting hard to stay on top of.

You make it sound as if that were a recent development, but the fact of
the matter is that AUR has been lagging behind Hackage substantially for
the last 9 months or so. It's not "getting hard to stay on top of".
Rather, you haven't been able to stay on top of Hackage for the better
part of a year.

 * May 25: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/arch-haskell/2010-May/000407.html

 * Aug 9: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/arch-haskell/2010-August/000429.html

   | There are some other scripts that need to be in place. My timeline for
   | this is:
   |
   |   * Release updated versions of cabal2arch and archlinux packages [done]
   |   * GHC 6.12.3 into extra
   |   * Release all additional scripts (i.e. for generating
   |         http://www.galois.com/~dons/arch-haskell-status.html , and process for updating.
   |   * Create group account.
   |   * Hand over maintainership for packages.

So, by now it's October, and you still say exactly the same thing as you
did back in May. It's just that there's nothing happening to back those
words up.

Take care,
Peter