Auto-discard notification

arch-haskell-bounces at haskell.org arch-haskell-bounces at haskell.org

Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 18:28:13 -0400
From: David Campbell <dcampbell24 at gmail.com>
To: arch-haskell <arch-haskell at haskell.org>
Subject: Re: [arch-haskell] Package changelog

Excerpts from Don Stewart's message of 2010-08-23 17:50:57 -0400:
> magnus:
> > I just found out about the changelog= directive for PKGBUILDs.  However I
> > can't really find more detailed information about it, e.g. is there a
> > specific format that I have to follow?
> >
> > Where can I find more info?
>
> Oh. I didn't know about this either. More info please!

The variable was a feature added with pacman version 3.4.0. It
appears the wiki still needs to be updated to mention this;
however, "man pkgbuild" mentions it, and there is a prototype
that comes with pacman, "/usr/share/pacman/ChangeLog.proto".
--
David Campbell

----- End forwarded message -----