[arch-haskell] ETA for HP 2010.2 update?

gdweber at iue.edu gdweber at iue.edu
Sat Oct 12 07:36:35 UTC 2013

Well, I see that GHC 6.12.3-1 arrived in Arch Extra
yesterday, August 18, 2010.

It's nice to see, also, the bunches of AUR haskell-* packages
that are queued up, ready to upgrade ...

only it seems that a few packages are holding up the show:

# bauerbill -Su

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: haskell-binary: requires ghc=6.12.1
:: haskell-deepseq: requires ghc=6.12.1
:: haskell-haskell-src: requires ghc=6.12.1
:: haskell-hunit: requires ghc=6.12.1
:: haskell-pandoc: requires haskell-utf8-string>=0.3
:: haskell-parallel: requires ghc=6.12.1
:: haskell-quickcheck: requires ghc=6.12.1
:: haskell-quickcheck: requires haskell-mtl=1.1.0.2-3
:: haskell-xhtml: requires ghc=6.12.1
:: haskell-zip-archive: requires haskell-utf8-string>=0.3.1

Most of these packages are in Extra.  One of those in Extra
already had a bug report by Stefan Husmann, and I've filed reports
for the rest.  (I guess that's the appropriate thing to do, rather
than complain to this list, because I gather the maintainers of
packages on Extra are not necessarily subscribers?)

In case you'd like to vote for fixing these bugs, here
are the links:
    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20509?project=1&string=haskell-binary
    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20526?project=1&string=haskell-deepseq
    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20527?project=1&string=haskell-haskell-src
    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20528?project=1&string=haskell-hunit
    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20529?project=1&string=haskell-quickcheck
    http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20530?project=1&string=haskell-xhtml

The only ones in AUR are haskell-pandoc
and haskell-zip-archive, both of which need a version of
haskell-utf8-string, which apparently can't be upgraded
because ghc cannot be upgraded because of the aforesaid
guilty packages in Extra.

Greg