[arch-haskell] Example PKGBUILD

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:35:52 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Jim Pryor
<lists+arch-haskell at jimpryor.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 05:08:42PM -0800, Don Stewart wrote:
>> Here's an example of what new PKGBUILDs look like if we rely on the
>> "provides" semantics.
>>
>>     makedepends=()
>>     depends=('gmp' 'ghc' 'haskell-cabal' 'haskell-x11>=1.4.6.1' 'haskell-containers' 'haskell-directory' 'haskell-filepath' 'haskell-mtl' 'haskell-process' 'haskell-unix')
>
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Haskell_package_guidelines#Guidelines_for_Libraries
> says:
>
>> * all haskell dependencies are statically linked, so can go in the makedepends field.
>
> Is that true? Then shouldn't most of those depends really be
> makedepends? Or we should update the wiki page.

IME you'll get complaints from ghc when installing libraries unless
all dependencies are installed first.  (Like a few days ago, when I
tried installing haskell-network without first having haskell-parsec
installed, due to a missing dependency in the Arch package:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/17862)

I think *applications* can have all their dependencies as
'makedepends', but libraries really shouldn't.