[arch-haskell] Arch Haskell Policy Proposal

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:35:52 UTC 2013

Just my votes.

On 01/19/2010 12:50 AM, Don Stewart wrote:
>   2.  Should Arch provide the binary Haskell Platform set in [extra] and
>       [community] (+ any other popular executables), and the newest version
>       of everything else that forms a coherent install plan, in AUR.

+1
* even if it would mean downgrading 6.12.1 to 6.10.4
* the binary version should be the stable one, if somebody
  wants to be very up to date, then aur is for him/her

It would be also good to have the latest ghc package in aur which
  sometimes/often would be newer than the binary package in extra.

Having more repositories for haskell packages (based on which
  ghc version they depend on) looks nice but I personally do not
  really care. Extra and aur sounds good enough.

I like the idea that all haskell package dependencies will be in the
  provides list (even when there are some tools (yaourt) which do
  not support it now - the bug should be fixed where it is (yaourt)).

Thanks for working on this,
Peter.