[arch-haskell] archlinux haskell library

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Oct 12 07:35:28 UTC 2013

I've started a library for programmatically manipulating and querying
Arch Linux package infrastructure.

So far we have:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/archlinux-0.1

which supports searching and querying packages on AUR.

    > info "xmonad"
     Right (AURInfo { packageID       = 10593
                  , packageName     = "xmonad"
                  , packageVersion  = Right (Version {versionBranch = [0,8,1] , versionTags = []},"1.2")
                  , packageCategory = 17
                  , packageDesc     = "A lightweight X11 tiled window manager written in Haskell"
                  , packageLocation = 3
                  , packageURL      = "http://xmonad.org/"
                  , packagePath     = "/packages/xmonad/xmonad.tar.gz"
                  , packageLicense = "custom:BSD3"
                  , packageVotes = 260
                  , packageOutOfDate = False })

Useful things we could do with more work:

    * lint checker
        -- for all our packages, check they are consistent

    * hackage version checker
        -- automatically check versions between hackage and AUR

    * cabal2arch version checker
        -- list all packages that were generated with which version of cabal2arch,
            then auto-rebuild

    * our own yaourt...

-- Don