[arch-haskell] Creating binary and doc from the same PKGBUILD

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:35:22 UTC 2013

2009/8/7 Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>:
> I assume that statement indicates that putting haskell-dataenc documentation
> in /usr/share/doc/ghc/libraries/dataenc isn't policy compliant?
[snip]

According to
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Packaging_Standards:
/usr/share/doc/{pkg} Application documentation

So haskell-dataenc documentation should go into
/usr/share/doc/haskell-datenc; some packages install version names as
well in the folder name, but that would cause the folder name to
change on every upgrade.

While it is fine to ship the documentation with the package itself,
quite a bit of space would be wasted if/when someone sets up a binary
repository of the haskell packages. I do not know how much the
standard space requirements for haddock-generated documentation is,
though. In Arch, the convention is to include small documentation in
the package itself and for larger documentation split it out into a
-doc package (example: python-docs).

--
Abhishek