[arch-haskell] Creating binary and doc from the same PKGBUILD

Matthew William Cox matt at mattcox.ca
Sat Oct 12 07:35:22 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 06, 2009 at 01:20:31PM -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> We also need to specify the haddock version, have that on every person's
> machine (easier now it is part of the Haskell Platform) and be robust in
> the tolerance of doc generation failure.

We could define a haskell-base package group (this may not necessarily
be the entire platform) that all haskell packages have an assumed build
dependency on. This is how other PKGBUILDs work: anything in base-devel
is assumed to be installed and up to date on the machine you're building
packages on.

Candidates for haskell-base would be GHC, Haddock (if we stop using the
internal GHC one), Alex, Happy, and C2Hs.

That being said, I don't really have too much personal stake in the AUR
packages, since I primarily use cabal-install these days. Take my
thoughts with as much care as they deserve.

Matt