[arch-haskell] Haskell Platform: feedback sought

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:35:18 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Don Stewart<dons at galois.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> So there's been 3 releases of the Haskell Platform.
>
> What is the best approach for Arch to support  this specification?
> Currently we have an AUR package:
>
>    http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=26279
>
> Should we consider moving this spec into [community]?
>
> Should there be some other kind of meta package?

One thing that I'd like to highlight is my email[1] I sent soon after
installing haskell-platform a few weeks ago--it resulted in a "diamond
dependency situation".  I suspect that that sort of situation would be
easier to avoid if haskell-platform went into [community], or am I
completely wrong about that?

/M

[1]; http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/arch-haskell/2009-June/000172.html