[arch-haskell] Tips for re-compiling system

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 12 07:34:58 UTC 2013

By building haskell packages as I need them I've now managed to get
into a sitution where I need to do some re-compilation in order for my
system to make sense again.  Are there any handy scripts, or tips for
how to do a recompilation of Arch packages from AUR for solving this?

It is my desire to install haskell-haxr that forces me to do this:

Configuring haxr-3000.2.1...
Warning: This package indirectly depends on multiple versions of the same
package. This is highly likely to cause a compile failure.
package HTTP-4000.0.6 requires network-2.2.1
package haxr-3000.2.1 requires network-2.2.1.1

Surely I can't be the first person to run into this, right?  (I have
been in the same situation after the upgrade of GHC to 6.3 too, but
then I didn't have as many packages installed.  :-)