[arch-haskell] Problem with Server.Helpers

edgar at ymonad.com edgar at ymonad.com
Sat Oct 12 07:34:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

I installed haskell-happstack-helpers from AUR and I'm having some
problems with the function exactdir on Happstack.Server.Helpers. The
problem is that I can load normally the module, but the type of exactdir
function is:

   GHCi, version 6.10.1: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
   Prelude> :m +Happstack.Helpers
   Prelude Happstack.Helpers> :t exactdir
   exactdir :: (Monad m) =>
               String
               ->
   happstack-server-0.2.1:Happstack.Server.SimpleHTTP.ServerPartT
                    m a
               ->
   happstack-server-0.2.1:Happstack.Server.SimpleHTTP.ServerPartT
                    m a

And ghc doesn't recognize when I pass a ServerPartT m a to exactdir.

   Prelude Happstack.Helpers Happstack.Server> simpleHTTP nullConf $
   exactdir "/about" $ ok "Hello"

   <interactive>:1:22:
       Couldn't match expected type `ServerPartT IO a'
              against inferred type
   `happstack-server-0.2.1:Happstack.Server.SimpleHTTP.ServerPartT
                                       m [Char]'
       In the second argument of `($)', namely
           `exactdir "/about" $ ok "Hello"'
       In the expression:
             simpleHTTP nullConf $ exactdir "/about" $ ok "Hello"
       In the definition of `it':
           it = simpleHTTP nullConf $ exactdir "/about" $ ok "Hello"

But if I copy the source of exactdir (and spsIf too) to the file where I
use simpleHTTP the type checks correctly. Any ideas?

Edgar