[arch-haskell] pandoc in the repositories

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Oct 12 07:34:23 UTC 2013

abhidg:
> Hi all,
>
> pandoc in the [community] repository is by now quite outdated.
> While there is a haskell-pandoc package in AUR, it cannot be
> used by people who do not want to install the whole gamut of
> GHC and the haskell toolchain.

That also means the package will be installed broken -- only the binary
part of it will work. The library components will be useless.

it is used by a number of other things too, as you see.

> I've prepared a PKGBUILD for pandoc 1.1 which depends only
> on gmp, but makedepends on ghc, haskell-utf8-string and
> haskell-zip-archive. Is it OK if I move these to [community]?

Could you attach the PKGBUILD?

I'm fairly uncomfortable repackaging pandoc to intentionally remove
dependencies that other tools will need. What happens when we move gitit
into [community] and it also needs the (full) pandoc?

Maybe we can have the pandoc author separate the library and the
executable?

-- Don