[arch-haskell] Near past, present & future

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Sat Oct 12 07:34:20 UTC 2013

>>>>> "Don" == Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> writes:
Hi,

Don> Ok. So what do we do next?

I met several people on #arch who ask about i686 overlay and it would be
nice to have a working one for x86_64 as well.

Having some sort of bug-tracker for arch-haskell would be nice as well
which could be used by (new) arch-haskell users to submit new pkgbuilds.

Otoh, I saw e.g. dcoutts saying that most of the haskell pkgs (on
gentoo) he installs via cabal-install, so the question is how could we
improve situation on Arch:

1) improving the packager (e.g. yaourt, hacman) to use cabal-install or

2) encouraging use of cabal-install or

3) something else?

Don> Then the platform, which means some non-Arch work, and design of
Don> the meta-package. We can make Arch the testing system for the
Don> platform

What do you think what percentage of packages will be covered with the
platform for 'average' (if such thing exists) haskell user?

Sincerely,
Gour