[arch-haskell] pandoc

Abhishek Dasgupta abhidg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 07:34:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

I don't understand why haskell-pandoc has ghc
and all these haskell-* packages as dependencies.
Surely some of them are only makedependencies, right?

Also, I think pandoc should remain in [community]. However,
the haskell overlay is already providing packages for
haskell-pandoc. A possible solution is to adopt haskell-pandoc
and its dependencies, moving them to community, while adding
a replaces=(pandoc) and provides=(pandoc) to haskell-pandoc.

Another thing I noted is that the pandoc 0.46 PKGBUILD in
the haskell overlay misses a depends=(gmp) (namcap shows
it's required). So the packages from the overlay can not
always be used as-is.

Regards,
--
Abhishek Dasgupta