[arch-haskell] distributing documentation

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Oct 12 07:33:55 UTC 2013

matt:
> On Sun, Sep 07, 2008 at 11:06:47AM -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> > Not every package has haddocks that build, and it adds haddock as a new
> > dependency to the build process.
>
> Why is this such a bad thing? Haddock is something most haskell users
> have on their systems.

The build system is already fairly ... large. And the point of the
package system is to make Haskell things available to non-Haskell users
-- those who don't already have a full toolchain installed.

Given the docs are already been pre-generated for us on
hackage.haskell.org, for each package, we could just suck those down.

-- Don