[arch-haskell] Re: Orphaning 'riot' in AUR

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Oct 12 07:33:48 UTC 2013

hoelz:
> Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I see that you maintain riot,
> >
> >     http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=164
> >
> > I've worked on this with Tuomo, and have prepared an up to date
> > package for the latest release. We can maintain it under the Arch
> > Haskell umbrella, if you'd like to orphan it.
> >
> >     http://www.galois.com/~dons/riot.tar.gz
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   Don
>
> Sounds good to me.  It's been done.  Please give it a good home. =D

Cheers, updated:

Tuomo says,

    I'm not in the cabal and don't care about their shit.
    Riot has no non-standard deps, because they're too fast
    moving targets, and everything seems to be arranged into
    a Single Global Megahierarchy That Perfectly Categorises
    Everything To The Point Of Total Unusability.

So he's rejected the cabalisation upstream, sadly.

-- Don