[arch-haskell] Dynamic executables and RPATH

Fabien Dubosson fabien.dubosson at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 20:09:33 UTC 2013

> Another proposal here: http://is.gd/EbUJXu-

That seems a good solution. I have 2 suggestions:

 - Remove the `chrpath` dependency which is not needed
 - Use a ${_ghcversion}="ghc-7.6.3" variable to replace in
    > text "mkdir ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/ghc-7.6.3/shared" <$>
    > text "(cd ${pkgdir}/usr/lib/ghc-7.6.3/shared;" <$>
    > text "    for f in $(find .. -name \\*-ghc7.6.3.so); do" <$>

But that's just cosmetic :-)

I think it is time now to test all this from A to Z! So I would suggest to
also create a `dynlinking` branch on the `habs` repository that would
contain the GHC's changes (add a `haskell.conf` file, add a call to
`ldconfig` in the PKGBUILD). This will let people (or at least us, I don't
know if any other person is following this thread ;) the opportunity to
test the proposal completely, from the build of GHC to the use of built
executables and libraries, with both habs and cblrepo proposed changes.

If that succeeds, it will be possible to merge the changes in the main repo
(and eventually look further to propose this change to Arch devs that
maintains Haskell packages?!?).

Kind regards,
Fabien