[arch-haskell] [haskell-web] Git-Annex Log file ?

Fabio Riga rifabio at gmail.com
Thu May 9 23:37:38 CEST 2013

Hi Pierre,

sorry for the long delay. [haskell-web] started with the idea to expand
the core repository. It uses cabal to build package, using the last
possible version, according to the policy that we discussed some time
ago. So it is latest cabal, already built and without the cabal
nightmare (sometimes it comes anyway, and I fail to build...)

git-annex is not a library, so it doesn't fit well in this system,
because we don't really care of haskell dependencies, as they are only
needed to make, but we have to take care of the plethora of other
dependencies.

I didn't find a way to check for an updated dependency in [core] or
[extra], so I suppose the problem is simply that an update occurred (for
example in curl) after the date when git-annex was built, and I didn't bump.

Note that I had your problem, killed and restarted the assistant and
everything worked.There are some inconsistencies, maybe for the reason
above. I hadn't the time to investigate.

I don't know the "bin" version, I already emulated the AUR package you
mentioned. I'm confident that it works. If it doesn't, just rebuild.

The stand alone package should have curl and other thing statically
linked, so it should also work, but not in the spirit of Arch. You could
make another AUR package with the stand-alone version, it should be The
Solution.

Fabio