[arch-haskell] New version of cblrepo with new DB format

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Aug 15 09:14:31 CEST 2013

I've just pushed a new version of *cblrepo*, it's now at 0.9.0.  There
are two major changes:

- Use of *aeson* for the database, which means the database format has
  changed quite a bit.  Use `cblrepo convertdb` to convert from the
  old format.
- The library *optparse-applicative* has replaced *cmdargs* for
  command line parsing.  I believe there aren't any major changes to
  the command line options, but there are 2 minor things:

  1. *cmdargs* allows writing partial sub-command names and accepts
     them as long as the portion written is unambiguous,
     *optparse-applicative* is more strict and requires the full names
     to be used.
  2. The help format has changed slightly.

  I don't think either change is very likely to cause issues for
  users.

The HABS database has already been updated to the new format.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay