[arch-haskell] Testing repo with GHC 7.6

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Oct 3 17:10:32 CEST 2012

On Oct 1, 2012 10:39 PM, "Fabio Riga" <rifabio at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Magnus,
>
> is there a reason for dropping those packages? If some package fail to
> build in ghc 7.6 we will lost as well many packages in [haskell-extra].

The only reason is that they require non-obvious patches to build with GHC
7.6.

> I'm concerned especially about gtk, pandoc and wai/warp: they are needed
> for packages like hakyll, gitit and the yesod suite among others.

Indeed, and especially removal of pandoc pains me a bit.

> If there aren't important reasons to switch to 7.6, could you please
> wait a little more before make this change?

The goal is of course to re-add them ASAP. I don't mind waiting longer, but
then I'm very unlikely to do any updates to [haskell], and instead put my
efforts into [haskell-testing].