[arch-haskell] How to currently install haskell packages?

Jonathan Lahav j.lahav at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:06:10 CET 2012

When you wrote "or add it to ArchHaskell" I though "oh, really? can I do
that?"

So I tried.

First step was to install cabal2arch from [Haskell], then I did "cabal
update && cabal fetch download" and extracted the tar.gz.
I ran cabal2arch on the .cabal file, this produced a PKGBUILD and .install
files.
Next, I tried makepkg -s and there I got stuck.

haskell-download (trying to build it) depends on haskell-xml (from
[Haskell]) which defends on haskell-text (from extra). When trying to
install haskell-text from extra I get:

warning: cannot resolve "haskell-deepseq=1.1.0.2-2.1", a dependency of
"haskell-text"

Did I do anything wrong? Is it a bug? Should I try  installing later?