No subject

Thu Jul 5 12:38:43 CEST 2012

# sudo -u nobody makepkg -s --noconfirm -L

If I try to do that from within the chroot I get the following error,
when it comes to install the missing dependencies:

sudo: effective uid is not 0, is sudo installed setuid root?

A minimal test case confirms that this is a 'sudo' issue:

# sudo -u nobody sudo
sudo: effective uid is not 0, is sudo installed setuid root?

Looking for that error message on the internet I get a FAQ about 'sudo'
where they say that:
"Sudo must be setuid root to do its work. Either /usr/local/bin/sudo is
not owned by uid 0 or the setuid bit is not set."
But 'ls -l /usr/bin/sudo' in the chroot gives me the expected result:

---s--x--x 1 root root 125834 May 31 11:37 /usr/bin/sudo

At the moment I don't have a clue about what could be causing this
problem, though.

Alessandro