[arch-haskell] Secondary repository for arch-haskell

Fabio Riga rifabio at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 03:49:31 CEST 2012

Hi archhaskellers!

Long time ago I wrote in this list about the idea of using cblrepo for
maintaining two or more repositories. Well, you can find the results here:
https://github.com/EffeErre/habs-extra .

The main idea is that every needed package already present in haskell repo
is added as a DistroPkg. This is done via a script that uses both *cblrepo* and
*cabal install* to find dependencies and latest available packages. I will
put the script on github as soon as possible. At the moment it can check
only a main cblrepo.db and work in another one. It should check many
cblrepo.db files in order to be really useful.

After some (*very slow*) testing, I ended up with a "haskell-extra" repo.
You can find it here:
http://archhaskell.mynerdside.com/haskell-extra/x86_64/. They are mainly
web-related package: snap, yesod, hakyll, mighttpd2...
IMHO there's no need for a different repository: it would be better to
merge this in main [haskell].

Hope this can be helpful,
Fabio