[arch-haskell] Status of OpenGL in Arch Haskell?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Jul 11 20:20:50 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:41:07AM -0400, gdweber at iue.edu wrote:
> On 2012-Jul-11, Magnus Therning wrote:
[...]
>> 2. build for both i686 and x86_64
>
> I can do this for x86_64, but I do not have access to any i686 with
> Arch Linux, so as far as I know, I can't build packages for i686.

Ah, but that's the beauty of it.  Just use the makeahpkg script and
pass in '-a i686' and you're golden :)

>> 3. upload the built packages to a place where I can get them
>
> I think I can find such a place.

Good.

>>                                         I think that a simple
>> alphabetic sort on the file would improve the situation, but I
>> haven't added that to the tool yet.  In practice this means that at
>> the moment pull requests are of limited value since rebasing a
>> changeset that touches `cblrepo.db` is more work than using
>> `cblrepo` to add the packages 'manually'.  Also, modifying the git
>> repo is the minor part of adding or updating a package.  What takes
>> time is building the affected packages for both supported
>> platforms.
>
> Oh, I see!  So you don't really want pull requests, but built
> packages.  Would it be better for me to just email you, when I have
> packages to contribute, or open an issue, instead of a pull request?

Yeah, though if the packages need any patches then I'd appreciate them
too so I can rebuild later on :-)

> Thanks for the instructions and clarifications.

Hopefully they were clear and simple.  Git is a beast, and my not so
humble opinion is that it still is rather far from being ready for use
;-)  What rocks with git though, is github!

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay