[arch-haskell] Availability of [haskell]

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Tue Feb 28 14:17:24 CET 2012

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 17:28, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> Lately the server, www.kiwilight.com, that hosts [haskell] (and some
> other repos) has had rather bad availability.  It's known by the
> adminstrator (Kaiting Chen).  Hopefully it'll be addressed shortly, in
> the meantime the only thing to do is to wait and try later :(

Unfortunately the server is still down.  I have very limited access to
it myself at the moment and HTTP access is completely shut down.

This episode has convinced me that it would be quite handy to have a
mirror of [haskell] somewhere, one that ideally also could take over
as the main site in moments of need :-)  So, if you happen to have a
server that could host [haskell] (and in the future maybe also a
[haskell-testing]), then please contact me off-list.  The total space
requirement (at the moment) is 362M (i686) plus 368M (x86_64),
unfortunately I don't know how much bandwidth it uses, but my guess is
that it's rather small.

Magnus Therning                      OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org