[arch-haskell] ghc 7.4.1 in a temporary repo

Adrien Haxaire adrien at haxaire.org
Tue Feb 21 09:18:34 CET 2012

 On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 07:43:21 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
> Excellent, I'll prepare a repo with those packages during the day.

 Cool. I'm thinking of giving a try to xmonad, I'll take it from the
 repo if you have time to set it today then.

>> I did not need to tweak the ,,build-order file.
>
> Ah, then you were lucky :)

 I would say cblrepo is good :)

>> By the way, what happens if I want to build it while being root (or
>> under a sudo bash)? I had to type in me password several times
>> because I did not dare try it being root. Do you have a trick to
>> avoid typing it?
>
> Yeah, it's a bit unfortunate that we have to work with chroot, which
> requires root access.  I always configure a timeout for sudo so I
> don't have to enter my password on *every* invocation.  For larger
> builds, like all of [haskell] for instance, I actually configure sudo
> to not require a password.  Those are the only ways I know of
> avoiding
> typing the password several times.

 Good to know. I'll do that next time, so I can start it before going to
 sleep, or before going to work.

 It took me a bit of a time to understand how things worked, mainly
 because I am a new user of Arch Linux, but your scripts did all the hard
 work. It was a nice experience. Next time will be even easier :)

 Adrien