[arch-haskell] (for Vesa and other Arch Devs on the list) Re: GHC 7.4.1 or HP 2011.4.0.0??

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Feb 4 18:08:32 CET 2012

This was mainly directed to the Arch Devs on the list, and especially
Vesa since he's putting in most of the work on GHC as found in
[extra].

We've already discussed the question of whether we should keep HP in
Arch.  *I* think there was clear what the favoured route ahead was,
but in the end it's the Arch Devs who decide.  I don't like the
current situation (outdated GHC and outdated HP), so a decision would
be much welcome then the work on catching up can begin.

/M

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay