[arch-haskell] Detecting out-of-date packages

Leif Warner abimelech at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 01:06:31 CEST 2011

Was wondering if we should make a tool or if we already have one to see
which packages we maintain have updates available.
One thing that could be done would be monitoring the .rss feed version of
this page:
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/recent.html

The "title" of each "item" in that .xml looks like "hlint 1.8.10" which can
be split on the space to give package name and version.  That could flag
certain packages we support as having upgrades available.  Those of course
would want to be checked against something like
http://packdeps.haskellers.com/ and/or
http://bifunctor.homelinux.net/~roel/hackage/packages/archive/pkg-list.html to
make sure the updates won't break things.

-Leif Warner