[arch-haskell] Missing "dyn" libraries for possibly many packages

gdweber at iue.edu gdweber at iue.edu
Sat Jan 15 04:19:48 CET 2011

On 2011-Jan-09, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi Gregory,
>
> first of all, I noticed that you have submitted many qualified and helpful bug
> reports recently. Thanks a lot for your efforts.

You're welcome.

>  > [haskell-sdl-gfx]:
>  >
>  >     Graphics/UI/SDL/Rotozoomer.hs:19:7:
>  >         Could not find module `Graphics.UI.SDL.Types':
>  >           Perhaps you haven't installed the "dyn" libraries for package
>  >           `SDL-0.6.2'?
>  >           Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
>  >         Aborting...
>  >     ERROR: makepkg exited with an error (512)
>
> This error comes as a surprise. As you already know, that build fails because
> the locally installed version of haskell-sdl hasn't been compiled with
> --enable-shared. Thus, an attempt to build haskell-sdl-gfx with --enable-shared
> will fail with the error message you cited above. However, this shouldn't be
> happening, because we bumped the $pkgrel of haskell-sdl when --enable-shared
> was activated:

This was probably due to my having an outdated version of bauerbill,
which was building packages in the wrong order, and is now fixed,
I think.

> I hope this helps,
> Peter

Indeed it does.  Thanks to both you and Magnus for your very thorough answers.

Greg

--
  / _ \ / _ \| |    | |     Gregory D. Weber, Associate Professor