[arch-haskell] release plan (was: What version of cabal2arch should be used to build HABS?)

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Jan 12 15:46:07 CET 2011

Hi guys,

I've re-generated all our PKGBUILDs using the latest version of the
tool-chain. The Git repository for HABS is visible here:

                 http://github.com/archhaskell/habs

One major change is that our PKGBUILDs now require very specific
versions of those packages provided by Haskell Platform and GHC.
It's likely that some people have obsolete packages installed in
their system that will conflict with our required versions, so I'd
expect some reports of broken builds to come in when the new
versions go on-line.

I'm re-building the i686 binary repository as we speak, and so far
things look good. I guess, the new binary packages are going to be
available within the next 24 hours.

As far as I'm concerned, this means that we can (and should) publish
new releases of the ArchLinux library and of cabal2arch. I could
probably do that tomorrow or so, but if anyone else would like to do
the honors of tagging, assembling, and uploading those packages to
Hackage, then please do!

Take care,
Peter