[arch-haskell] Adding another data file for dependency "hints"

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 12:32:28 CET 2011

2011/1/2 Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org>:
> On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 20:55, Rémy Oudompheng <remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Is it worth considering downloading this file dynamically, rather than
>>> compiling it into the executable statically?
>>
>> It's been some time since these lists were not compiled in the
>> executable. I have added a flag to cabal2arch (in my copy
>> http://github.com/remyoudompheng/cabal2arch) to handle a custom
>> directory or URL where these files could be stored. I am using mtl for
>> error handling.
>
> Why not remove the file from github completely and host it in a
> well-known location then?

Because I just did that yesterday :) I have put examples of files at
  http://dev.archlinux.org/~remy/arch-haskell/

For example
  cabal2arch --sysinfo=http://dev.archlinux.org/~remy/arch-haskell/hp2011.0
will produce PKGBUILDs which are forced to use library versions
specified in HP2011.0

while cabal2arch --sysinfo=http://dev.archlinux.org/~remy/arch-haskell/default
will use the behaviour we had before.
--