[arch-haskell] Early repo for GHC7 and HP 2011?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Feb 11 08:43:17 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 09:17:29PM +0100, Rémy Oudompheng wrote:
> On 2011/2/10 Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 00:42, Rémy Oudompheng <remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I don't really want to have these packages in [testing] or
> >> [extra] before darcs and cabal-install have official compatible
> >> releases : cherry-picking patches was not exactly
> >> straightforward.
> >
> > Are those the only things you are waiting for still, darcs and
> > cabal-install?
> >

> Yes, only those. I think we can keep current darcs binary, since
> it's statically linked, but I'm not really sure about cabal-install.
> What is your opinion on that ?

Since cabal-install is part of HP I expect that the version specified
in HP 2011.2.0.0 *will* compile with the version of GHC specified :-)

It looks like what we have now is good, but let's keep it in [staging]
for now.  Hopefully the final version of HP won't require huge
changes.  I think that moving GHC7 + other packages to [extra] can
happen as soon as HP 2011.2.0.0 is released.

email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org