[arch-haskell] Early repo for GHC7 and HP 2011?

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Thu Feb 10 05:32:29 CET 2011

On 02/09/11 16:17, Magnus Therning wrote:
> On 09/02/11 16:53, Wei Hu wrote:
>> The [staging] repo has ghc7 binaries and some libraries compiled with
>> ghc7. I'm not sure if they are parts of HP 2011 though.
>
> Where is the [staging] repo?
>
> It's mentioned at [1], but that page makes it sounds like [staging] is
> dead :-)
>
> /M
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Official_Repositories

Hmm, that page needs updating.  It mentions a historical use of
"[staging]", but recently an unrelated "[staging]" was created in order
to upload packages for large rebuilds or such (This way [testing]
doesn't have to go into a known-broken state every time we're in the
middle of a rebuild.  Making things a bit nicer for people who nicely
test by running the [testing] repo regularly.).  It's found right next
to all the other repos, e.g. ftp.archlinux.org/staging next to
ftp.archlinux.org/testing etc.  There's also a [community-staging] to go
along with [community-testing].

-Isaac