[arch-haskell] Please do not delete packages from andromeda.kiwilight.com

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Feb 3 09:30:25 CET 2011

Hi Nicolas,

 > I don't know how you (the team) sync the repository, but I find it
 > easier to remove the old version and add the new at the same time.

I rsync the repository from andromeda into my local chroot sandbox, then I
run 'makeworld', and then I rsync the modified repository back to the
server. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter whether I keep those old
versions around or not, i.e. deleting the old versions doesn't simplify
matters for me.

 > A way to mitigate this would be to either keep at kill list of files to
 > remove and when and/or having a separate repo for these archives.

I believe the repo-clean utility <http://code.google.com/p/repo-clean/> that
Magnus mentioned could get the job done just fine. We could run that every 2
weeks or so to expire unused packages. It's not important to keep them
around indefinitely, but I feel that we shouldn't delete them immediately at
the time of an update either.

Take care,
Peter