[arch-haskell] Thoughts on Procedure

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 03:36:33 EDT 2010

On 2010/10/17 Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> * I added a module Distribution.ArchLinux.HackageTranslation which
>> gives two main functions:
>>  - getCabalsFromTarball turns a tarball (ByteString) to a list on
>> GenericPackageDescription
>>  - getSpecifiedCabalsFromTarball takes a [String] as additional
>> argument to extract only several items
>>    The [String] argument is a set of lines like in the attached PKGLIST file.
>
> Cool.  Are you also going to make cabal2arch use those new functions?

I pushed the last changes I wanted to make. I left the semantics of
cabal2arch unchanged so that any AUR helper that uses it may continue
working. I added a script "manycabal2arch" to cabal2arch that makes
use of the HackageTranslation module to produce a whole ABS tree from
00-index.tar and a given list of packages.

I have no other features to add for the next release.

--
Rémy.