[arch-haskell] Topological Build Queue Script

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Oct 16 03:46:07 EDT 2010

On 15/10/10 23:37, Xyne wrote:
> Xyne wrote:
[...]
> Rémy Oudompheng wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Basic functions that output a topologically sorted list of package
>> names, that is the order in which packages are meant to be built
>> according to dependencies, are now implemented.
>>
>> Rémy
>

> It seems I've re-invented the wheel yet again. :/

The approaches are slightly different though.  Remy's solution parses
PKGBUILDs, while you use 'pacman' (for the moment).

One issue I did find with Remy's function (and therefore the 'recdeps'
tool in
'archlinux') is that it silently drops packages it doesn't know about.  I
still haven't raised a bug on this since I haven't had time to create a
minimal example for it.

Anyway, there's no issue with having more than one implementation for
this, it
wouldn't surprise me if there's something for both of you to learn from the
other solution.  Which would mean we all end up with a solution taking the
best from both :-)

magnus@therning.org           Jabber: magnus@therning.org