[arch-haskell] What to do now?

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 05:19:25 EDT 2010

On 2010/10/11, Nicolas Pouillard <nicolas.pouillard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:55:47 +0100, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> The set of packages currently on AUR is *huge*, I think Don recently
>> mentioned
>> something in the order of 2000 haskell packages on AUR, and that is
>> about 10%
>> of AUR.  I would suggest starting somewhat smaller than that :-)
>
>> Maybe starting from Haskell Platform and growing on demand from that?
>
> Sure we should take care that the Haskell Platform works nicely. Basically
> the hard ones are those depending on external libraries, we have to manually
> take care of them. Then packages only made of pure Haskell code on top of that
> should be automatically built. Maybe one can start with recent uploads to
> Hackage and transitively build/package their dependencies.

cabal2arch is supposed to handle that automatically. Problems are
either an upstream problem or a bug in cabal2arch :)
For example, cabal2arch gives me a haskell-pango PKGBUILD depending on
pangocairo, which is wrong, for some unknown reason because it should
be translated to pango. Another example is haskell-openal which does
not have the obvious dependency on openal, but that dependency is not
stated anywhere in the cabal file.

My automated build is still running happily, with 633 packages built.
There is still a dependency nightmare due to packages needing old
versions to run.

--
Rémy.