[arch-haskell] Re: Where are we headed?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Nov 18 10:19:31 EST 2010

Hi Xyne,

 >> Hi Xyne, still working on it. Funny thing is I actually brought the whole
 >> thing back onto a Linode 1536 because EC2 in the end just didn't have the
 >> cost / performance / persistence ratio I wanted. I'm still working on the
 >> new authentication stack, which is a Kerberos / GSSAPI / LDAP / SASL stack.
 >> If you have any experience with Kerberos let me know because this thing is
 >> giving me some serious problems. If you want I can set you up today or
 >> tomorrow.
 >> Kaiting.
 > So, does anyone here have experience with Kerberos?

I don't, I'm afraid. I know Kerberos exists, but that's about it.

I feel a little fuzzy trying to interpret what Kaiting is saying, though.
Apparently, there are some problems that he can't solve. Yet, he also
offers to complete the setup within a day or two. I'm not sure how that
fits together.

Also, I'm confused because he seems to be asking for confirmation whether
we really want that account or not. I thought that's clear? If Kaiting has
the means to provide us with server space for a binary ArchHaskell
repository, then yes, by all means, please do it. If we had that access to
that server, we could start providing packages for i686 pretty much *right
now*. On my end, everything is set up, ready, and waiting to go.

Take care,

More information about the arch-haskell mailing list