[arch-haskell] Re: [extra] haskell-parallel

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Wed Nov 10 09:19:23 EST 2010

Hi Rémy,

 > Can you quickly tell me if everybody agrees on me uploading these
 > packages:
 >
 > - haskell-parallel (version 3.1.0.1)
 > - haskell-hp-parallel (version 2.2.0.1, provides haskell-parallel=2.2.0.1)

I'd rather have haskell-parallel-2.2.0.1 in [extra].

The distinction between haskell-X and haskell-hp-X sounds good in theory,
but I don't believe that the consequences of that change are sufficiently
understood, nor am I convinced that we posses a tool-chain that's capable of
taking advantage of that distinction. At this point in time, that change
looks like a lot of risks and very little payoff.

Take care,
Peter