[arch-haskell] archlinux v0.3.5 and cabal2arch v0.7.6

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Nov 5 03:11:37 EDT 2010

On 04/11/10 17:22, Peter Simons wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have released the current state of archlinux and cabal2arch on
> Hackage, but not yet on AUR so that we have the chance to test the new
> release a little.
>
> In a couple of days, I'd like to re-generate all our PKGBUILD files with
> the current version of the tool chain to ensure that the files are
> consistent, i.e. that ${_hkgname} is available, etc.
>
> IMHO, the next step after that is to set --enable-shared for libraries.

This is a minor point, but is the new version of archlinux (0.3.5)
really API
compatible with the previous version (0.3.4)?
If the answer is 'no', then the never version ought to be 0.4 (or 0.4.0).
(Actually I suspect that I made a mistake already when releasing 0.3.4, it
should probably have been 0.4 to signal the changes in the API back then.)

I would also argue that cabal2arch is bumped to 0.8 (or 0.8.0) to
clearly mark
that the UI has changed and isn't compatible with the previous version
(0.7.5).

magnus@therning.org           Jabber: magnus@therning.org