[arch-haskell] Re: habs updates

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:22:06 EDT 2010

On 2010/11/1 Peter Simons <simons at cryp.to> wrote:
> Hi Magnus,
>
>  >> * packages provided by GHC are no longer listed as dependencies
>  >
>  > I strongly disagree with this one, I'd rather see the dependency list
>  > continue to include the meta-packages provided by the ghc package.
>
> Remy has put time and effort into developing that feature, and it's been
> in Git for almost two weeks. Now, you disagree strongly. Could you
> please describe how you intend to resolve the current situation? Would
> you like Remy's patches revoked? And if that is the case, exactly which
> ones? What do you suggest we do?

Sorry, I never intended to do anything like this: I only wanted to put
the list of dependencies which should be eliminated in a separate
file. It only happened that I wanted (locally on my machine) to
include base packages (like haskell-containers) into the list of
dependencies that should be eliminated, and that change got commited
to the main repository by accident some days ago, as I said in another
mail.

This change is still subject to discussion.

--
Rémy.