[arch-haskell] cabal2arch 0.6.1 now generates bad dependencies

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 13:00:44 EST 2010

* On Saturday, January 16 2010, Tasha Buckley wrote:

>On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 5:04 AM, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
>> I thought 6.10 came with Cabal as well, and that it was dealt with by
>> having 'ghc' provide 'haskell-cabal' in Arch.
>These points are all true, but yaourt (the tool most people use and
>what's recommended in the wiki) doesn't seem to respect this and it
>seems kind of odd to me to have haskell-cabal an an explicit dep when
>none of ghc's other known provided packages are made explicit. Finally
>and most importantly, the main issue is that these are literally the
>only dependencies being generated. For example, many new 6.12 packages
>require mtl, but that's not being placed in the depends array.

This is a simple change in cabal2arch:

corePackages :: [Dependency]
-- removed:   ,Dependency (PackageName "mtl")              (ThisVersion (Version [1,1,0,2] []))

But I'll hold off on sending a patch right away, since I think that
other core packages (those provided by ghc-6.12) have also changed.

--
Adam