[Yhc] Yhc Web Service quietly opened for public testing

Dimitry Golubovsky golubovsky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:17:25 EST 2008

Hi,

I finally got the Yhc Web Service (web-based front end to the
compiler) running in public testing mode. There hasn't been any
documentation written, and Haddock stuff not brought in order, but if
anyone wants to just get a taste of it, please open this hpaste entry:

http://hpaste.org/6094

and follow the instructions.

In 10 steps, you'll get Haskell to work in your web browser* ;) No
need to install anything.

Feel free to edit the source code, and even deliberately make errors
to see how error log looks. At the moment, I do not run automatic
cleanup of failed compilations.

This is one of my old tests, not showing any GUI interaction. However,
both documents browser and new entry form were written in Haskell
which gives some idea about what can be done. Sources of these forms
are in the Yhc repo.

Thanks.

* Likely, your results will be better with Firefox than with MSIE. But
MSIE should work as well.

--
Dimitry Golubovsky

Anywhere on the Web