[Yhc] Re: Scons depends required

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 06:39:30 EDT 2007

Hi

> When I do the work to move to the binary library, this will mean that
> the on disk Yhc.Core format will change.

Just to clarify, we currently have the abstract data type for Core,
that will remain unchanged.

We use DrIFT plus some horrible binary instances to automatically
generate an on-disk format, which is a but yuk, and quite slow. We are
going to move to Data.Binary, which will give us a documented,
consistent, smaller and faster on-disk binary representation.

If you use the Yhc.Core API you will not notice any changes.