[Yhc] Visual Studio 2005 gives libc.lib missing errors

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 12:40:44 EST 2007

Hi Pete,

> To my knowledge, VS 2005 does not contain the static runtime
> libraries, although the Platform SDK does contain some static
> libraries, such as libcp.lib.

I didn't spot any Platform ones that get installed by default with VS
2005. I guess the platform SDK may have some, but there isn't nearly
enough space on the laptop for the platform SDK.

> 1) Anyone know a version of gmp which will work with all VS versions?
>
> There are precompiled .DLL versions of GMP for Windows and directions
> for compiling it as a DLL under cygwin and patch files for compiling
> under VC++.NET at:
> http://cs.nyu.edu/exact/core/gmp/

Yes, those are the _only_ versions of GMP I've found. The compiled
versions don't work under VS 2005. The version Yhc ships with is taken
from there. I suspect recompiling would work, but GMP is very well
known for randomly breaking compilers, so a solution that doesn't
involve compiling it myself would be strongly preferable.