Fwd: [Yhc] Finfo flags

Thomas Shackell shackell at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 2 09:53:55 EST 2006

> Can anyone tell me what the Finfo flags field means and is used for?
>
> The C runtime defines this enum, which I assume is related:
>
> enum FInfoFlags { FFL_NONE = 0x00, FFL_INVIS = 0x01, FFL_LAMBDA = 0x02,
> FFL_PRIM_APPLY = 0x04 };
>
> They were added in about May, and seem to relate to Hat, based on patch
> comments.

Sorry Rob,

Took me a while to spot this email. It's entirely Hat related,

   FFL_INVIS
      means treat this function as though it didn't exist

      from a tracing point of view.

   FFL_LAMBDA
      means this is a lambda function so don't try to
      trace it's name or anything.

   FFL_PRIM_APPLY
      means this is the special inbuilt apply function that is so special
      you can't even write it in Haskell. So please trace it specially.

Thanks

Tom