[Yhc] What does Yhc need (error, ffi.h not found)

Andrew Wilkinson andrewjwilkinson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 09:24:38 EDT 2006

Hi,

Thanks for the bug reports, I don't have a big endian machine to test Yhc on
so it's quite hard to debug the builds. I'm trying to get my department to
install scons onto a Solaris SPARC machine so I can test on that.

I have added tests for Subversion and GHC so you'll get proper error
messages if the correct programs are not installed.

Can you try going into the .scons_temp subdirectory under whereever you
built yhc? In there will be a collection of source code files, executables
and text files holding the output. One of them will be the program which
determines whether the machine is big endian. If you could run that directly
from a consol and tell me what the output is that would be helpful. I have
run that program standalone under Solaris and got the correct output.

Cheers,
Andrew