[Yhc] Re: YHC doesn't work on AMD64

Thomas Shackell shackell at cs.york.ac.uk
Thu Nov 24 07:43:23 EST 2005

Michał Pałka wrote:
> Do you have access to an AMD64 machine?

I don't unfortunately. It *used* to work on AMD64 at one point, but it
should really be tested regularly. Unfortunately debugging the runtime
system requires quite a bit of knowledge about the inner workings of YHC.

I'll try and get it tested on someone elses AMD64 machine soon.

> I pulled from yhc-devel and the build broke in the same place. This time
> the offending definition and declaration were:
> IntegerNode* decodeFloat64(Float64 f, Int32* exp);
> IntegerNode* decodeFloat64(Float64 f, Int* rExp)

Right, hopefully I've fixed those now. It should have been 'Int' rather
than Int32 because it ends up being put in a Haskell Int (which is a
machine sized word).

thanks

Tom