[xmonad] xmonad monitor resolution

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Thu Mar 30 11:46:41 UTC 2017

Dusan writes:

> So it all works well until I open any window, or several of them: they
> tile like there is still 1680x1050 monitor; top left coordinate of the
> tiling area starts right below xmobar (it is at the right position) but
> there is unused gap on the right and bottom (exact difference between
> old/new monitor resolution). It is like xmonad remembered old resolution
> somewhere and sticks with it no matter what I try.

Could you try deleting ~/.xmonad/xmonad.state (and possibly restarting
xmonad), and see if that helps?

See also https://github.com/xmonad/xmonad/issues/86

It sounds like symptoms I've had when going from 1 monitor to 2 (with
the same home directory).

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Debate Two - The Thrilla In Vanilla"                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo at koldfront.dk